The Pantry in Shop Wonderland @ Haji Lane

by - Wednesday, August 19, 2015

image
Hello everyone! 
It has been awhile since I last wrote an entry related to food. To keep everything simple and sweet, I will let the pictures do the speaking instead. In case anyone of you is wondering why most of the shots were taken indoors, I can only blame the sudden heavy downpour that day. Shop Wonderland, also known as The Pantry is not only a cafe, it also houses retail, florist as well as workshops, along the street of Haji Lane.


With their wide selection of cakes, I was definitely spoilt for choice! I settled on my Cherry Blossom cake since being a seasonal special, it wasn't listed on the regular menu. As usual, I ordered a cup of hot latte to go with it while my friend went for the Gula Melaka, which was slightly more towards the dry end for my liking.



Another friend of ours came slightly later but her Honeycomb Blackcurrant was actually one of the best out of the three cakes. The sweetness and texture control of the cake was all on point. 


It would be nice if they serve handmade cakes since I have understood that their cakes come from suppliers. Nevertheless, if they select the best cakes from famous bakeries over Singapore, why not too? The best of the best under one roof they say. We enjoyed our time at the 2nd level of the shop where we were accompanied by the aroma of the various flowers around.


Candles, plates displayed on these vibrant green racks as well as cards at the bottom picture are all available for sale as well!




 We also managed to get a short glimpse of the florist at work in her little corner surrounded by the beautiful dried flowers. 


It was a pity that I could not taste their strawberry shortcake because it was not available on the shelves. I only spotted it being served when we were making our way out of the shop. A tip for all of you would be to check with the shopkeeper on the availability of cakes offered at that day before deciding on what you are going to get!


You should drop by this cafe to check out their cakes for yourself as well as the cosy environment they have in store for you! I will definitely  be going back to try my strawberry shortcake when I am free again!

Shop Wonderland Cafe & Flower Shop 
37 Haji Lane S(189230) 
Tel: +65 6299 5848 
WhatsApp: +65 9299 5843 
(For enquiries & orders: flowers, classes and table reservations) 
Daily from 10am to 8pm 
Nearest MRT Station: Bugis Station



Thank you for reading! ❤ Till then! image


You May Also Like

0 comments