Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing Recipe ☆

by - Friday, December 25, 2015

Hello everyone! ❤
My apologies for disappearing for 2 months~ I've been pretty caught up with my school assignments and final exam of my life! And I've pull it through~ Today's Christmas so I thought it would be great to share with you guys my humble sugar cookies recipe that has been expanded from existing ones found online.


Did anyone spot the sunburnt MakoHaru? ʕ´//ᴥ\\`ʔ

If you are wondering why these cookies are so NOT christmas themed, that is because i designed based on 3 factors: personal liking towards omanjuu, cute ones for colleagues & 5th anniversary celebration for me & my love ❤

To put it simply, I need more cute cookie cutters!! Do also note that I am just your average amateur little baker and I don't bake as a profession~ These are just measurements I have come up with and I hope that they can help you bake lovely cookies as well! ❤

I N G R E D I E N T S
Sugar cookies
100g brown sugar
113 unsalted butter 
2 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
180g top floor
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Royal Icing
300g icing sugar
2 large egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Baking time
140°C for 20 minutes
Recommended by most online sites: 175°C


D I R E C T I O N
❤ Melt butter over boiling/boiled water and pour it into a large bowl. 
 ❤ Add in the brown sugar and stir it evenly.
❤ Add in the egg yolk & vanilla respectively and mix the wet 
ingredients at low to medium speed for a few seconds.
 ❤ Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, powder) & mix at low speed.
❤ Roll the cookie dough into balls and store them in the freezer for 30 mins 
if you're in a rush like me (some people store it in the middle fridge shelf 
overnight) to allow the dough to spread out more evenly when it is baked.
❤ Defrost it (30 mins - 1hr) until the dough is back to the same texture you had before storage.
❤ Most fun part: Use your cookie cutter to cut the dough into cute little shapes!!

Texture of my cookie dough

❤ Bake the cookies at the desired temperature for 20 minutes
I bake mine at 140°C because my oven is pretty old and it can't stand too high heat, thus I was unable to bake them at the recommended 175°C.

1st batch of cookies (with holes because I poked them to check their texture)

2nd batch which looks darker due to the oven being more warm


I C I N G 
❤ Mix the egg whites till medium peaks and add in the sugar slowly.
❤ The icing should not be too thick nor too wet, such that it will 
melt back into the mixture when you scoop some and drip it over.

My colourful icing!! ❤❤ 
I didn't use the purple one at all though~


Wrap up your cookies and you're all set to give them to your friends & family!

Hope everyone enjoys their Christmas on this festive day!
Till then! ❤

You May Also Like

0 comments