Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing Recipe ☆

by - Friday, December 25, 2015

Hello everyone! 
My apologies for disappearing for 2 months~ I've been pretty caught up with my school assignments and final exam of my life! And I've pull it through~ Today's Christmas so I thought it would be great to share with you guys my humble sugar cookies recipe that has been expanded from existing ones found online.


Did anyone spot the sunburnt MakoHaru? ʕ´//ᴥ\\`ʔ

If you are wondering why these cookies are so NOT christmas themed, that is because i designed based on 3 factors: personal liking towards omanjuu, cute ones for colleagues & 5th anniversary celebration for me & my love 

To put it simply, I need more cute cookie cutters!! Do also note that I am just your average amateur little baker and I don't bake as a profession~ These are just measurements I have come up with and I hope that they can help you bake lovely cookies as well! 

I N G R E D I E N T S
Sugar cookies
100g brown sugar
113 unsalted butter 
2 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
180g top floor
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Royal Icing
300g icing sugar
2 large egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Baking time
140°C for 20 minutes
Recommended by most online sites: 175°C


D I R E C T I O N
❤ Melt butter over boiling/boiled water and pour it into a large bowl. 
 ❤ Add in the brown sugar and stir it evenly.
❤ Add in the egg yolk & vanilla respectively and mix the wet 
ingredients at low to medium speed for a few seconds.
  Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, powder) & mix at low speed.
Roll the cookie dough into balls and store them in the freezer for 30 mins 
if you're in a rush like me (some people store it in the middle fridge shelf 
overnight) to allow the dough to spread out more evenly when it is baked.
 Defrost it (30 mins - 1hr) until the dough is back to the same texture you had before storage.
❤ Most fun part: Use your cookie cutter to cut the dough into cute little shapes!!

Texture of my cookie dough

 Bake the cookies at the desired temperature for 20 minutes
I bake mine at 140°C because my oven is pretty old and it can't stand too high heat, thus I was unable to bake them at the recommended 175°C.

1st batch of cookies (with holes because I poked them to check their texture)

2nd batch which looks darker due to the oven being more warm


I C I N G 
Mix the egg whites till medium peaks and add in the sugar slowly.
 The icing should not be too thick nor too wet, such that it will 
melt back into the mixture when you scoop some and drip it over.

My colourful icing!! ❤ 
I didn't use the purple one at all though~


Wrap up your cookies and you're all set to give them to your friends & family!

Hope everyone enjoys their Christmas on this festive day!
Till then! 

You May Also Like

0 comments