Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint Review

by - Thursday, August 24, 2017

Hello everyone!! 

I am sure that everyone is familiar with Etude House, a popular Korean cosmetic brand that offers fun, colourful and vibrant makeup products catered to customers with latest trends. They also have Krystal Jung as their brand ambassador as well as collaborations with Pony, a famous Korean beauty and makeup artist whom I follow closely on Youtube.

I am kinda backdated on this post since I have purchased these Summer must-have, adorable popsicles lip tint from Etude House just days after it was released in Singapore but it's better to be late than never. 

As much as I love makeup blushes, one of my favourite makeup essentials is definitely the lip tint. I can make do going out without my foundation or blusher for touch-ups but I cannot do so without my lip tint. Let's go and check out how this Dear Darling tint fare!


This Dear Darling tint comes in six amazing shades of red - Watermelon Red (Left above), Jewel Red, Apricot Red, Shark Red, Red Bean Red and Peach Red (Right above). They were suggested to be moisturising and provide sweet lasting colour. 

I have picked these two colours due to them being real close to the shade that I often use and today, I will only be touching on Watermelon Red tint as I have been sporting it as a daily product to understand its lasting power. I will be more than willing to do a review for the Peach Red shade if you guys are interested. Just leave a comment in the comment box below if you would like to see the review for Peach Red as well! 

Water Gel Tint - RD307 (Watermelon)

As its name suggests, Peach Red really defines an extra pinkish colour mixed with red shades while Watermelon Red brings out the fresh red tones, similar to that of the actual fruit itself. I have been wanting to paint my pout in red these days since most of my lip products have a pinkish tone to it - Definitely another reason why I grabbed Watermelon Red tint off the shelves. 



Here are two simple steps that I abide by when applying on my lip tint.
  • Apply some lip balm to enable more moisture and protection for dry lips.
  • Dap your lips gently with a tissue after applying your lip tint evenly.
If you feel that your lips do not have sufficient coverage or vibrancy towards your ideal colour, do apply an extra layer or so and dap gently with a tissue afterwards. Some lip products may not have great pigmentation and as such, resulting in having the need to apply more than once.



Here's my take for this super cute packaged lip tint!

Price
Etude House's Dear Darling Water Gel Tint retails at S$9.90 in stores, which I find it somewhat reasonable because the cute packaging helps compensate the "small bottle of 4.5g tint". Additionally, most lip tints from various brands are being sold at this price as well. 

Texture
I feel that the consistency is creamier and not as light as compared to the other lip tints that I own because it did not give me the "clean, no makeup feeling" after application and it makes my lips slightly more dry than before. This could be due to the lip tint being creamier, resulting in it being less moisturising. Nevertheless, the texture is definitely still lighter than that of a lipstick's.

Pigmentation
The tint colour is definitely vibrant like the flesh of a watermelon and the red shade is clearly visible after my application, giving more colour to my lips than before. While its texture is creamier, it also suggests that the pigmentation is greater - red vibrant lips

Longevity
It could be possibly due to the fact that when I am outdoors, I consume water on a regular basis as the colour did not stay long after drinking water and consumption of food. After food, I had to reapply again as the colour became lighter. According to stylecaster, it is further understood that our lips are unable to hold the lip product's colour due to them being too dry. As such, sometimes it is quite difficult to observe or gauge if the product is able to last on your lips the whole day or if your lips are simply too dry. Nevertheless, I feel that there is a need to reapply my lips when using this lip tint to ensure that they are constantly in the red shade.


While choosing and applying our favourite shades from lip products, we must also ensure that our lips stay moisturised to avoid them cracking and help give us the perfect smile!

Red shade is definitely my pick for summer this year! What about you guys?
What is your lip colour for this hot Summer?

I hope that the information has been useful to you. If you have other unique ideas that you would like to share that can probably be a great blog post, please share your thoughts. Thank you! 

Facebook  💌 Instagram

You May Also Like

0 comments