MAC x Pony Park Matte Lip Mousse Review

by - Sunday, November 10, 2019

Hi everyone!! 
It has been forever since my blog's hiatus and I am now back, close to the last two months of 2019 for another review post. While the past year has been a roller coaster ride, I can't wait to welcome the incoming year with many great things to unfold. Without further ado, let's go!


Everyone has been raving over the new and limited edition drop by MAC Cosmetics back in early October with South Korean makeup artist, Pony Park and I am not an exception. I specifically love Pony's inspiration and incorporation of star tarot cards into her packaging, which adds a magical touch to the overall collection. The packaging was also specifically designed in this beautiful, metallic rose gold along with matte dark grey colour.

Who is Pony Park?
If you have been a huge fan of Pony, you might have known her better through her personal YouTube channel, Pony Syndrome or Instagram account (@ponysmakeup). She has had numerous collaborations with brands, namely Etude House as well as being invited as a speaker to give talks on makeup and cosmetics.

Picture credits: MAC Cosmetics

Despite all her fame and popularity, I love how humble she is when she was gushing over her collaboration with MAC in her YouTube video. Be sure to check out her channel, where she showcased several make-up looks using her collection along with behind the scenes and pre-launch party. The coolest part is definitely the fact that she even had a music video (like actual Korean pop artists), created just for this collection.

The only item I managed to get off the shelves the very day after the launch date was the Matte Lip Mousse in Cordon Bleu shade, which I will be reviewing today as well as the Prep + Prime Fix that comes with this shimmery pearl within. 


The Cordon Bleu shade leans more towards a watermelon pink shade with its smooth matte finishing that did not feel too much dryness at the end of each application. I am loving how the shade helps to create this effect of being not too dramatic or subtle at the same time. A great colour for any occasion!

Lip colour in the sunlight

Price: 🟊🟊🟊
The Matte Lip Mousse retails at S$36 each at M.A.C Singapore. From my research online, that is the general pricing for most M.A.C lip products. I am quite surprised that they did not actually mark up on this series since there is this tendency for collaboration items to be priced slightly higher than the core products.

Texture: 🟊🟊🟊🟊
The lip mousse itself has a smooth, lightweight texture with its soft matte finishing. I personally find this pointer a thumbs-up because my lips did not feel suffocated with its texture upon application, seemingly as though I was not wearing any lip product when I was in actual fact. 

Pigmentation: 🟊🟊🟊🟊
With its soft finishing and lightweight texture, we may expect the product to have a low level of pigmentation but it was not! The colour was vivid and vibrant both indoors and outdoors even with a layer of application. Its significant amount of colour also helps to enhance my natural lip colour, which was another plus point.  

Longevity: 🟊🟊🟊🟊
Thanks to its great pigmentation, the lip mousse's staying power was quite impressive as well after several hours out. I could see myself sporting this lip colour for different types of occasions with its long-lasting power as well.

While this shade reminds me fondly of spring seasons and soft tones, I am certain it works perfectly well in Autumn and Winter seasons too (since people tend to lean towards darker shades during such seasons). 



Sadly, this series was a limited edition collaboration. As such, by the second day of its launch, most items had already been sold out completely and there were no future plans of restocking from what I understood back then. Let's cross our fingers and hope that there will be a future collaboration since this series was very well received. 

Overall, the star tarot cards packaging (which I'm in love with), as well as superb pigmentation and texture, blew me away. I can't wait for future collaboration between MAC and Pony! 

This review has been based on my personal experience and opinions. I hope that the information has been useful to you. If you have other unique ideas that you would like to share that can probably be a great blog post, please share your thoughts. Many thanks as always! ❤

You May Also Like

0 comments