Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée Liquid Rouge Review

by - Saturday, December 21, 2019

Hi everyone!!
Here's another blog post before it marks the end of the year 2019.

If you guys have been sticking around with me since years back, you might have recognised that I am sharing one of my favourite brands for lip products, Les Merveilleuses Ladurée once again; but this time, their Liquid Rouge! Check out my previous post on their Matte Rouge here

It is certainly sad that we are no longer able to shop for Laduree's (a French luxury bakery and sweets) macarons here in Singapore, but I was definitely thrilled by the arrival (finally!!) of their cosmetics line, Les Merveilleuses Ladurée in our sunny island last year.


Brand Story
Les Merveilleuses Ladurée proposes “unexpected” beauty beyond the ordinary concept of cosmetics to women who pursue new forms of beauty. Cosmetics that women who are born to women and who truly enjoy being beautiful are attracted by instinctively, not by reason. (official website)  


This season has become an excellent time for me to try out colours that I am not exactly used to - lots of browns, beige & nudes. I have always been a fan of lighter tones especially pastels but somehow I took a liking to the earthly palette as well these days. 

This time, pairing the #5 "Sublime" shade from Les Merveilleuses Laduree's Autumn line together with my outfit in the rainy season was the initial plan I had in mind but I was pleased that it turned out unexpectedly well - a subtle yet refined lip colour, paired exquisitely together with its classy packaging! The liquid rouge is proposed by its brand for its plump, voluminous lips at a stroke; a smooth, glossy liquid rouge with an excellent colour pay-off. 

Lip Colour Comparison: iPhone 8+ camera (No makeup) V.S. DSLR (Full makeup)

Price:
 🟊🟊🟊
The Liquid Rouge retails at S$36 each at the Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée store in Singapore. It retails at approximately 3520 yen, equivalent to S$44 on Japanese online stores (at the time it was checked). 

It caught me by surprise that it is actually more pricey to get them online since products tend to be priced slightly higher once they are sold in Singapore, but this sounds like great news to us! I am quite a sucker for products with beautiful packaging; what's more, a brand I love. 

Coverage & Finish: 🟊🟊
The rouge, as proposed, has this voluminous and glossy texture when applied, which I am particularly not a fan of. To begin with, I have never really adored lip gloss products due to their 'gluey 'formula as compared to lip tints or lipsticks so my opinions might be subjective. It was not as 'light-weight' as per my expectations when the rouge sits on my lips. Despite that, it helps to produce a good coverage and achieve a smooth, consistent finishing when applied. 

Pigmentation: 🟊🟊🟊🟊
The rouge leans more towards a coral peach colour with a pink undertone, which was the reason behind my purchase. During my initial online discover, I felt certain that it was a rouge colour that should be part of my cosmetics collection. While the rouge colour may be distinctive for this season, I was also pleased that its colour compliments my skin tone (in my case) since it helps to enhance my lips with a rosier glow. 

Longevity: 🟊🟊
I would say that it has a low staying power since it requires frequent reapplication. Objectively, the colour was considerably close to my original lip colour, so it was rather difficult to gauge if the rouge has faded previously. I would recommend this liquid rouge if you would like to achieve a more natural, subtle daily look as compared to the usual 'pop' colours.

Liquid Rouge in #5 Sublime

Will I buy the Liquid Rouge again?
That would depend if I would like to try the other shades as well. As it may be its packaging might convince me to purchase another again some other day. In the meanwhile, I am still more of a fan of their Matte Rouge in terms of pigmentation and coverage wise. 

Nonetheless, please give the Liquid Rouge a try yourself to determine how it fares for you. 

Outfit: Tomorrowland (Cardigan) , Uniqlo (Pants) | Hair: Bump Rochester (By Sone)

This review has been based solely on my personal experience and opinions, without any affiliations. I hope that the information has been useful during your consideration of bringing the product back home. If you have any unique ideas that you would like to share for a future blog post, please share your thoughts with me in the comments box below. Thank you once again for reading as always! 

You May Also Like

0 comments